Monday, July 24, 2017

A Summer's Song


A short poem on all the facets of summer


Trees have bloomed, pollen blown away
Bushes, busy forming berries
Flowers come and go, colors bright
Summer--a time of warm delight

Mating birds trill their endless songs
As mockingbirds imitate them all
A thing of beauty, but oh so wrong
to steal the other bird's nests

Summer's a marker for life events
A first love blooms along the beach
The wail of a newborn baby's breath
And a driving drunk's vehicle of death

The whippoorwill loves summer's bliss
Sings a lilting song of happiness
As the season draws to its close
Its guttural cry mourns summer's loss

Even as I cry mine 

3 comments:

  1. Micki that was goos-bump-ly poignant. Lovely. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular appears completely ideal. Each one of these small particulars are created along with large amount of history understanding. I love this a great deal https://securityguardla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 15 years of writing experience. I have been writing since I was in high school. Professionally with someone write my assignment I am working for ten years. I am so glad that I found a company that has polished my skills.

    ReplyDelete